Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas Bonus



I'm told you should never go back. I made this mistake in the autumn when I was shooting some architecture for a client in Gloucester. I had three great years at the art college in Gloucester in the early eighties and had never been back. With the shoot over and time on my hands I thought I would pay the old college a visit. The college is now derelict with trees growing out of the roof, graffiti on the walls, smashed windows and scorch marks on the walls where an attempt has been made to burn the place down. All very sad.

Yesterday I made another trip into my past. I met up with one of the London advertising photographers I assisted when I left college some 26 years ago. We met at mid day and we were still talking about clients, characters, shoots, 10x8 film and certain models by the time I had to get my train at six. It was fun to catch up and compare notes.

As we went our separate ways I reminded my old boss that I'm sure he still owed me a Christmas bonus from my last year with him ( the interest must be piling up. ) He smiled and then asked if I could lend him the bus fare home as he had no loose change, just typical.