Monday 12 December 2011

Speed of Light.

Light travels at 186 000 miles per second. Turning up 1 hour late for a sunrise shoot therefore does not bode well as that lovely rich golden light has already travelled half way across the universe turned up on time, done it's stuff and gone for breakfast. My poor client was sat in a traffic jam ( or did he over sleep ? ) I was sat in a car park, waiting.

It has been a week of private one to one, dawn to dusk workshops here in Dorset. My second client of the week brought me a prezzy ( to be encouraged ) of ground coffee. Not any old coffee but some of the most expensive coffee on the planet grown on the remote island of St. Helena ( a useful place for locking up European dictators ) where my client was from. Yes it is a long way to come just for a workshop and for the record they grow only about 12 tons of coffee a year.

My third client didn't bring me any prezzies but we did spend a lot of time doing  research into the best tea room in the area. Tea room of the day was Clavell's in Kimmeridge, good tea and excellent Victoria sponge, oh yes, we did go and take pictures as well.

Talking of workshops my Dorset weekend workshop is now up on the site and I'm taking bookings and after a successful autumnal  Lake District workshop I am planning another one at The Waterhead Hotel on the shores of Windermere for next autumn. It will go up on the site soon.